Monday, May 12, 2014

Top Posts

My blog just reached 40,000 pageviews last night. Yay! Thanks to all of you who contributed to that. I appreciate you, my readers, because you are the reason I blog. After all, it doesn't do a whole lot of good to write if no one reads it.

In honor of this momentous occasion, I am going to link to some of my best posts, for those of you who may have missed them (or for those who might want to read them again).

I'll start with the series that I consider some of the most important posts I have written, but which often get less traffic. Maybe people are just more likely to share recipes and marriage posts. Or maybe it's because I wrote them early on in my blogging history, before I had a lot of readers, and thus fewer people know about them. In any case, I consider it very important that people understand what inalienable rights are because they are foundational to our understanding of government and politics. And they are also foundational to much of what I write on politics, government, and abortion as well. So, if you haven't read these posts, please take a few minutes to read them.

And, if you're feeling very adventurous, you might answer some of the questions I ask at the end of each one in a comment. I'd love to get some feedback and discussion going.

The Inalienable Rights Series
Part 1: What are Inalienable Rights?
Part 2: The Source of Inalienable Rights
Part 3: Liberty in Society and Government
Part 4: Government by Consent of the Governed
Part 5: Some Common Misconceptions

Another somewhat political post that many haven't read is my post on The Good Thing About Guns. We conservatives need to be talking about why guns are good rather than always being on the defensive on this issue or trying to justify our commitment to the second amendment by saying that people have a right to hunt.

I also write a lot about abortion. Probably my favorite two posts on abortion on this blog are these:
Why We Need a Secular Argument Against Abortion
What is Personhood?

I also have another blog now that I write with my husband Doug called The Rational Abolitionist, which focuses solely on abortion and the secular arguments against it from science and logic. Feel free to stop by and read our take on current events or our arguments on various aspects of the abortion issue.

Many of my most popular posts are on relationships and marriage so here are the top posts in that category:
Opposite Sex Friendships After Marriage: How to Guard Your Heart (My most popular post ever)
How To Settle Disagreements Without Arguing
The Art of Writing Love Notes

In the category of apologetics and Biblical worldview, these are my favorites:
Sunday School Fairy Tales (or Why the Bible Should Be Taught as History)
What Happens to People Who have Never Heard the Gospel?

And last, but not least, in the category of creation and evolution, take a look at Three Logical Prerequisites for Biological Evolution. Darwinian evolution has failed to demonstrate that these things are true, and thus remains in the realm of speculation and myth.

Thanks again, to all my readers. Are there any of my posts that you think are especially important that didn't make this list? What topics would you like to see me cover in the future? I'd love to get input from any of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment